Well run meetings can be short, succinct, and productive. Follow the next steps before your next meeting and see how your meetings improve
How to prepare your next meeting to make it as efficient as possible.
Some meetings distract us from doing our jobs. They can feel like a huge waste of time and often we don't know why we are there in the first place.
Poorly run meetings are one of the most common complaints in organisations. We have all been in a meeting where we feel our time is being wasted.
It doesn't have to be this way. Well run meetings can be short, succinct, and productive. My challenge to you is to follow the next steps before your next meeting and see how your meetings improve.
Preparation before the meeting
- In your CoachBot agenda, start by writing down the objective of the meeting, keep it simple. "We aim to..."
- Then list the topics that need to be covered to reach this goal. If there are topics on the list that don't relate to the goal do they need to be covered in the meeting?
- Allocate time to each topic, allowing Q&A time.
- Now compare the attendees with the agenda. Do they all need to be there?
- Share the agenda with attendees, allowing time to prepare. CoachBot will remind attendees to review the agenda automatically.
In the meeting
- Make sure you have CoachBot open from the start of the meeting.
- Repeat the objective of the meeting, and the agenda items that will be covered in order to reach this objective, even if everyone can already see it!
- Avoid misunderstandings by taking notes in real-time. Taking these notes in CoachBot means everyone can access one central version later.
- Agree on who will be the owner for every given task or decision.
After the meeting
- Send a message to recap over email, Slack or MSTeams to ensure everyone is on the same page. CoachBot will do this for you.